I attended some training this week about writing or ‘doing words’ and how to get your message across. I learnt about structure. Here is a good structure to shape your writing:
- The problem.
- The consequences.
- The solution.
- The call to action.
- Back up argument to counter any NO response.
- The big, inspiring picture.
This serves for selling a product or service, asking for funding, and even selling an idea internally to the rest of your team.
I also learnt that people like lists! Here is a list I found today that struck a chord with me:
- Nothing is going to be perfect.
- We cannot control the chaos. But we can control ourselves.
- Action creates positive emotion.